The Civil Design Engineer is responsible for piping design production by understanding engineering requirements and coordinating and prioritizing work of assigned drafting team members. They work closely and interactively with drafting group staff, drafting manager, project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered timely. Also, to identify potential delivery issues, and work with drafting manager to reallocate resources to ensure timely delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are functions of a qualified candidate must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Support project managers and engineers on a daily basis with design, drafting and mapping deliverables within the expectations of work quality and schedule.
- Coordinate daily activity of assigned drafting staff, based on project schedule to ensure timely completion. Work with drafting manager to prioritize drafting group work.
- Develop complex piping layouts that satisfy all technical requirements on a project from the preliminary design stage through the detail design stage.
- Create and review pipeline alignment sheets.
- Produce or assist less experienced designers in producing finished piping design deliverables using CAD software.
- Complete the deliverables for the detail design phase of a project.
- May recommend to drafting manager modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
- Check other designer’s work for accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and project specifications and standards.
- Work with team members to identify errors and eliminate rework
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license required.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry is desirable.
- Trenchless experience around the Oil & Gas industry
- Knowledge of CAD software – AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, CADWorx or others.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team,-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
Candidates need to have the following skills;
- Problem Solving – Identify problems and work creatively in a team environment to resolve them.
- Flexibility – Respond in a flexible manner to issues; reprioritize work as the situation demands.
- Communication – Posses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Read and interpret communication styles of team members and clients who come from both technical and non-technical disciplines
- Organization – Organize workload to efficiently utilize time.
- Software – Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Proficient in use of one or more of the following CAD software products: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, and CADWorx.
- Teamwork – Elicit feedback and cooperation from a wide variety of sources, project team members, other internal resources.
- Quality Focus – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve quality of project deliverables.
LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires ongoing coordination, communication and/or team problem solving between departments or functional areas and clients for work production or service quality. Responsible for team building and team development.
- This position requires regular contact with project team employees, employees in multiple internal departments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates will constantly; utilize written and verbal communication skills including active listening and speaking and reach and grasp objects.
- Candidates will regularly; experience periods of prolonged sitting, standing, walking, travel/drive a vehicle, and lift objects up to 25 lbs.
- Candidates will occasionally lift object up to 50 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate office equipment such as computers, telephones, fax machines and copiers.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Campos EPC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Campos EPC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Campos EPC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Campos EPC.