We are seeking an Estimator II to become an integral part of our team! We are looking for talented, eager Estimators who are ready to learn and grow. Our client is a recognized industry leader who provide oil & gas pipeline engineering services nationwide!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Prepares construction estimates and Total-Installed-Cost (TIC) including proposal, fair cost, conceptual, definitive design, study, Performance Measurement Baseline, etc.
• Reviews specifications and drawings/sketches for the preparation of cost estimates. Performs detailed quantity takeoff of drawings or sketches.
• Applies appropriate cost elements such as overhead, escalation, contingency, and profit. Prepares, maintains, reviews and revises life-cycle estimates for programmatic activities and line-item construction projects.
• Capability of creating bottom’s up (crew & activity-level) estimates with a good understanding of production rates and key quantities, is preferred.
• Identifies labor, equipment, material and time requirements for various construction project cost elements.
• Experience with parametric cost estimating and/or factored cost estimating is preferred.
• A keen understanding of the synergies between estimating, scheduling and control of cost.
• May be required to facilitate and support planning process for development of an integrated scope, schedule and cost baseline and baseline changes. Specific estimator support to line-item construction projects related to Total Installed Costs (TIC) and Total Project Costs (TPC) includes the preparation of independent cost estimates, and the independent review and assessment of project estimates, A-E proposals, requests-for-proposals (RFP’s) and fixed-price bids.
• Estimators will provide support for various discipline stakeholder cost developments and budget reviews and audits.
• Project estimates will vary in value from $5M up to $400M.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other technical field, preferred.
• AACE certification, preferred.
• Minimum of 5-10 years’ estimating experience
• Preferred industry of experience in oil / natural gas pipeline and associated facilities, process facilities, or other utility type construction projects including electrical/power engineering.
• Experience with HeavyBid HCSS Estimating software, Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE), Excel estimating tools or similar platforms.
• Skilled user of Microsoft Excel and the remaining Microsoft Suite of Applications.
• Experience working both independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Candidates and incumbents need to have the following skills;
• Demonstrated ability to identify and creatively resolve problems in a team environment.
• Ability to respond in a flexible manner and to reprioritize work as the situation demands.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational skills and time management skills are necessary.
• Ability to presentation technical information to clients in a clear, concise manner.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from internal resources and clients.
• Ability to read and interpret communication styles of team members and clients who come from both technical and non-technical disciplines.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Campos EPC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Campos EPC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Campos EPC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Campos EPC.