Campos EPC is growing! We are seeking a skilled Geotechnical Engineer/ Geologist II. The primary role of the Geotechnical Engineer / Geologist is to assist in managing the design and execution of geotechnical projects. The candidate would perform field geotechnical explorations and investigations, review soil laboratory test results, and perform analysis and design of geotechnical data and projects. The Geotechnical Engineer / Geologist prepares and presents geotechnical engineering reports to both internal and external stakeholders and may be asked to assist in managing Geotechnical related projects including defining scope, schedule and budget.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Perform geotechnical analysis and studies to:
- aid in design of trenchless crossings.
- Provide foundation recommendations
- assess potential mitigation options for pipeline erosion, landslide and fault line projects.
- Develop proposals and determine cost and schedule for investigations.
- Provide direction to technical team in field inspection activities.
- Interact with customers and team members to complete the assigned project on-time.
- Assist Program Manager in design and evaluation of construction documents and projects.
- Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects.
- Review and approve geotechnical designs developed by outside consultants.
- Review construction design proposals and approve geotechnical aspects.
- Evaluate team performance and determine training needs to meet performance objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering or related field.
- Civil Engineering PE / PG preferred.
- 3-6 years of professional experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of industry codes and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
- Time management and organizational skills
- The ability to deal effectively with stressful situations.
- Experience in engineering, procurement, and construction projects desirable.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important.
- Proficiency with applicable software applications.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including internal resources and clients.
- Trenchless experience preferred
Candidates need to have the following skills;
- Problem Solving – Identify problems and work creatively in a team environment to resolve them.
- Flexibility – Respond in a flexible manner to issues; reprioritize work as the situation demands.
- Communication – Posses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Read and interpret communication styles of team members and clients who come from both technical and non-technical disciplines
- Organization – Organize workload to efficiently utilize time.
- Software – Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Proficient in use of one or more of the following CAD software products: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, and CADWorx.
- Teamwork – Elicit feedback and cooperation from a wide variety of sources, project team members, other internal resources.
- Quality Focus – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve quality of project deliverables.
LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires ongoing coordination, communication and/or team problem solving between departments or functional areas and clients for work production or service quality. Responsible for team building and team development.
- This position requires regular contact with project team employees, employees in multiple internal departments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates will constantly; utilize written and verbal communication skills including active listening and speaking and reach and grasp objects.
- Candidates will regularly; experience periods of prolonged sitting, standing, walking, travel/drive a vehicle, and lift objects up to 25 lbs.
- Candidates will occasionally lift object up to 50 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate office equipment such as computers, telephones, fax machines and copiers.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Campos EPC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Campos EPC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Campos EPC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Campos EPC.